While many are joyful and excited about the holiday season, for others, it creates great angst, isolation, and sadness. I recently sat down with Melissa Corter to discuss ways to move through the holiday blues and find a little comfort and peace.
Recap of 5 Tips to move through the holiday blues:
- Be of Service: volunteer, be of service to yourself or others. When you are of service to others you are feeding and nurturing yourself just as much as you are being of service to them.
- Create a new mind association to the holiday if the holiday doesn’t feel good to you. Do something different than in years past and create a new tradition.
- Give yourself the gift of foregiveness. Forgive yourself for your own harsh judgments and lighten your heart.
- Honor those that are still hear this holiday season as well as honoring those who are gone. Create an altar, light a candle, or create a tradition that will honor your loved ones.
- Release stress and focus on gratitude. Remember, your presence is far more important than your presents.