Two of his tips is to visualize once a day for no more than five minutes. I’ve tried and tried to do five minutes and my mind wanders into work mode, thinking about what I need to do next. Now, I love my work, so I’m not stepping into fear, yet I’m also not staying in the space of allowing bigger and better into my life through this powerful technique of visualization.
Can I work harder to visualize for five minutes each day? Absolutely! And yet, I have found other processes that work for me and perhaps they will for you too.
- Think it: As you go about your day, think about what it is you are looking forward to in your life. Feel that excitement of having an amazing career, awesome health, and walking hand-in-hand with the love of your life. As you head to work, think about heading to your dream job and feel that feeling. Think about what amazing health means to you and feel that feeling. Think about how it would feel to hold hands with your loving partner and feel that feeling. (When I become aware of fear-based thoughts, I reframe them and return to thinking about what I’m excited about, what I am passionate about, what I love.)
- Speak it: As you go about your day, say your dreams aloud. Speak it to yourself (when others aren’t watching of course). Talk about what excites you, what you are passionate about and what you love. Share it with others, just make sure you are sharing it with the dolphins in your life and not the sharks.
- Act it: Become the starring actor in your own life and act as if you are living the life that excites you, that you are passionate about and that you love. Act the part of someone doing fulfilling work that they absolutely love. Act the part of a person with optimal health. Act the part of a person enjoying life with your partner. Remember, you are the star in your life, so forget about auditioning and begin acting like the Oscar-winning actor you are.
- Say YES: Living in a state of gratitude creates the perfect breeding ground for manifesting and living out the things that excite you, that you are passionate about and that you love. Pay attention to what you are grateful for right now in your life and give thanks for it. When you see others who have what you want, rather than being jealous, say “yes, I’d like that too!” Get into the feeling place of yes.
- Release control: You know how you want to feel in life. You want to feel loved, safe, healthy, abundant and happy. Think about it, speak about it, act upon it and let go of controlling how and when it shows up in your life by adding to your thoughts, words and actions the phrase “this or something greater.” You can hold a clear vision of what ultimate happiness looks like to you while allowing in to show up in easier and grander ways than you can envision from where you stand today.
Most importantly, have fun with this. Whether you visualize for five consecutive minutes or several different moments throughout your day, keep it fun and simple. Simply being who you are right in this very moment is living the dream. A little attention to visualizing your excitement, passion and love will bring you into living life with deeper love, laughter, health, abundance and happiness than you could ever imagine. I see that for you; do you?